Austin, TX – September 28, 2015 – The 14th edition of the Austin City Limits Music Festival hits Zilker Park this weekend, for another two-weekend run, October 2-4 and October 9-11. Each three-day, eight stage music extravaganza will feature over 130 bands including bill-toppers Foo Fighters, Drake, The Strokes (Weekend One only), Florence + The Machine (Weekend Two only), The Weeknd, Disclosure and many more. With so much to see, hear and taste, here are the important logistics and tidbits to keep festival-goers in the know!
SAFETY & SECURITY
- SAFETY FIRST: ACL Festival is committed to the safety and security of fans, artists and staff in the park. Patrons should be prepared to have their bags searched each time they enter the festival, and should plan for extra time to get through security. Patrons can speed things up by checking out the list of prohibited items on the FAQ page, and avoid bringing any prohibited materials to the park. If you have a youngster in tow, visit the Tag-a-Kid Booth or Info Center where adults can register their children with the festival and receive a wristband. In the event that a child gets lost, we have a way to reunite them with their parent.
- IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: ACL Festival is dedicated to keeping patrons safe. In the event of an emergency, safety messaging will come from the stage video screens, announcements from the loud speakers, push notifications on the Official ACL Festival Mobile App, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and instructions from festival staff and security. Anyone in need of medical or security assistance throughout the weekend may approach any festival security or staff member to radio for the appropriate support.
THIS YEAR AT ACL
- ACL CASHLESS: Cashless is back! Fans can use their wristbands to make on-site purchases including food, beverages and commemorative merchandise. After activating their wristbands at www.aclfestival.com/wristband patrons can securely connect a credit or debit card, create a unique 4-digit pin to make safe, cashless transactions throughout the park. They can visit the ACL Cashless booth onsite for activation help.
- SAMSUNG PAY: The official mobile payment solution for the festival will make it easier for festival-goers to pay for food, drinks and merchandise with their phone. To celebrate the launch, festival-goers can use their Samsung phone (GS6, GS6 edge, Note5 or GS6 edge+) at all bars, food court vendors and at the official ACL Festival merchandise store.
- ACL FEST LIVESTREAM PRESENTED BY RED BULL TV: Fans worldwide who can’t make it to Zilker Park can still enjoy the ACL experience via the ACL Festival Livestream. Tune in Weekend One for live performances and exclusive behind the scenes access and artist interviews. The broadcast begins October 2nd at 3:00pm CT and continues all weekend long. Special performances and festival highlights will be available on demand for 60 days. Check it out at ACLFest.com, RedBull.tv/aclfest, Samsung TVs, Sony BRAVIA TV’s, Blue-Ray players and PlayStation®4 (PS4™) and PlayStation®3 (PS3™), Xbox 360, iOS, Android and more!
- ACL ACTIVITIES: Each year ACL Festival engages sponsors to create activations that add to the patron experience. From charging stations to art lounges, there is plenty to do in between acts. Check out the full list of this year’s activities at www.aclfestival.com/activities.
NAVIGATING THE FEST
- TICKETS:General admission passes for both weekends of ACL Festival are sold out. There are still a limited number of VIP & Platinum Passes for both weekends of ACL 2015 available at www.aclfestival.com, or at the Festival Box Office located on Barton Springs Road.
- BOX OFFICE:The Box Office will be open beginning Wednesday, September 30th. The hours for Weekend One are Wednesday & Thursday 3pm-8pm and Friday through Sunday 10am – 10pm. The Box Office will reopen for Weekend Two on Wednesday October 7th. Box office hours for Weekend Two will be Wednesday – Thursday 3pm -8pm and Friday through Sunday 10am – 10pm. A valid photo ID is required for wristband pickup from the Box Office. Weekend Two Passes can be picked up during Weekend One hours.
- GETTING TO ACL: There is no parking at ACL Festival. Fans are encouraged to use the free ACL Fest Shuttle at Republic Square Park, or other eco-friendly transportation, including cab sharing, walking and biking. Bike parking is available at each entrance. Parking in the surrounding neighborhoods is strictly prohibited, and vehicles will be ticketed and towed. For street closures and more info, visit: www.aclfestival.com/information and austintexas.gov/event/austin-city-limits-music-festival-weekend-one. Uber is an official partner of ACL Festival and will have a pick-up and drop-off location adjacent to Austin High School. Patrons can go to the pick-up location to request a ride and meet their driver.
- OFFICIAL MOBILE APP PRESENTED BY AT&T: From brushing up on bands playing the Festival and creating the ideal Custom Schedule to mapping out Zilker Park in advance of the back-to-back Festival weekends, the app will answer all of those ACL Festival questions. Users are encouraged to opt-in for Push Notifications to receive important news and emergency information throughout the Festival. Get the app at: www.aclfestival.com/app
- ACL IS SMOKE FREE: Just a reminder: Zilker Park, along with all of Austin’s parks, is a non-smoking venue. In observance of the smoking ordinance, all patrons will be directed to smoke outside the festival gates in the street. Patrons will be allowed to exit and re-enter the festival grounds during the event, but they need to scan out upon exiting.
- BARTON SPRINGS BEER HALL: The Barton Springs Beer Hall is back, offering 16 special draughts and 20,000 square feet of space to cool off, listen to music and watch the biggest games of the weekends on big screen TV’s.
- AUSTIN KIDDIE LIMITS PRESENTED BY LIFEWAY: Kids 10 and under are welcome to attend ACL Fest for free, and enjoy their very own lineup of music and activities at Austin Kiddie Limits. From 11am – 5:00pm each day, kids can enjoy hip-hop workshops, School of Rock workshops, Rock Star Video Karaoke, Interactive Drumming, an art station, a photo booth, Café Monet Rock’n Magnets and more. The Land of Nod is arranging bean bags and tee pees for lounging, and books are being provided by Albert Whitman & Company.
- ART AT ACL: The Art Market is a terrific place to discover Austin’s artists and artisans. From recycling and “upcycling,” using the best environmental and fair-trade practices, these artisans demonstrate just how beautiful making the right business choices can be. The market also includes a general store for last minute festival needs. Attendees don’t have to worry about lugging their purchases through the fest. They can rent a locker near the Lady Bird entrance.
- HYDRATION: Patrons are allowed to bring two factory-sealed water bottles (up to 1 liter each) into ACL Festival each day. Patrons can also bring an empty refillable container or CamelBak and fill up at the free, triple-filtered CamelBak Filling Stations.
- FOOD: ACL Eats continues to feature fantastic local restaurants putting their spin on festival fare.Fan favorites such as the infamous Mighty Cone, Torchy’s Tacos, Frank and Tim Love’s Lonesome Dove Western Bistro will be there to cure all cravings, alongside exciting newcomers Trudy’s and Burro Cheese Kitchen.
- HOPE FARMERS MARKET: HOPE Farmers Market returns with local, artisanal options to satisfy the health conscious eater as well as vegetarians, vegans and gluten-free diners.
- SUSTAINABILITY: ACL Festival is committed to sustainable festival practices in the field, behind the scenes and through the preservation of the ever-beautiful Zilker Park. This commitment is integrated into every area of the park, from recycling and composting to eco-friendly service items at ACL Eats and CamelBak water filling stations that provide patrons with cool, free, filtered water, while diverting thousands of plastic bottles from being used in and ending up in the landfill. ACL also urges patrons to download the digital program to save on paper resources. The festival also has a number of crowd service ambassadors and environmental partners who enhance the recycling and composting programs in patron-facing positions. Even more, festival producers offset the carbon dioxide emissions of festival vehicles, generators, staff and artist travel, by purchasing certified carbon offsets from Green Mountain Energy.
- ECO-FRIENDLY FANS: ACL Festival invites attendees to join the sustainability effort. Fans can make small, but powerful choices to recycle their cans, cups and plastic bottles. They can compost food waste, and refill their water bottles. They can also participate in the Rock & Recycle Program, where fans are rewarded for filling just one bag of recyclables from the festival grounds with a commemorative ACL Festival T-shirt and KIND bars. Each participant also earns a chance to win a KIND Fairdale bike and two 3-day passes to ACL Festival 2016!
- ACL CARES: Select musical, social, environmental and health advocacy causes will have an audience of 75,000 people per day at ACL. Fans can visit the ACL Cares area at Zilker Park to support live music in Austin, register to vote, become a marrow match, protect the environment, and ensure the future of public radio.
- POSITIVE IMPACT FOR CLIMATE AND COMMUNITY:
ACL Festival gives patrons the opportunity to give back to their community. For the third year in a row, in conjunction with the City of Austin’s Office of Sustainability, a portion of the proceeds of items noted as “PICC Purchase” in the ACL Art Market will support a local cause. This year proceeds will benefit the Waller Creek Conservancy.
Austin City Limits Music Festival is generously sponsored by: Samsung Galaxy, Honda, Miller Lite, Austin Ventures, HomeAway, BMI, AT&T Gigapower, Fireman’s #4 and Lifeway Kefir.in Parks Foundation (www.austinparks.org)
The Austin Parks Foundation is the presenting sponsor of Austin City Limits Music Festival, and a beneficiary